Community COVID-19 United Relief Fund
On April 1, 2020, grant applications open for the Community COVID-19 United Relief Fund.
The Central Alabama Community Foundation and River Region United Way are collaborating to address the most vital needs of people across the River Region area of Central Alabama and the Wiregrass.
The Community COVID-19 United Relief Fund will focus on 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations supporting basic needs and/or health and wellness efforts related to the COVID-19 emergency and its aftermath.
The grants will be limited to $2,500 per 501(c)3 nonprofit organization’s application (requests for individual assistance are not eligible). Applications will be accepted and responded to on a continuing basis. Organizations receiving a grant may apply for additional funds after expending the initial award.
There are no grants currently available for this cycle. Please check back later.
Community Trust Grants
Community Trust Grants are available for services and programs provided by any nonprofit in the Wiregrass area.
Required Documents for Submission:
- Operating Budget – Current Year
- Operating Budget – Prior Year
- Audited Financial Statement
- Core Operating Standards for Nonprofits
- IRS Letter of Determination
- Listing of Board of Directors
- Letter endorsing project from Organization President
Grants/Funding are not awarded to:
- Annual fundraising drives, events or marketing campaigns
- Partisan political advocacy
- Regular operating support or capital projects
- Religious purposes (although we do support educational and social service programs offered by faith-based organizations)
- Sponsorship of fundraising events
- Start-up costs