Wednesday, December 26, 2018
GIVE NOW. DECIDE LATER. Using your donor advised fund for year end giving has many advantages. You have the ability to take a tax deduction now and then decide later who will be the beneficiary of your donation. Here are 5 reasons you should add to your donor advised fund before 2018 ends.
1. There’s No Rush. By contributing to your existing donor advised fund, or creating a new donor advised fund at CACF by December 31, you can receive a 2018 deduction for your donation without rushing to decide on your charitable recipients. GIVE NOW.
2. Privacy and Flexibility. You have the option of making your charitable distributions from your donor advised fund in your name, in the name of your fund, or even anonymously. A donor advised fund helps you protect your privacy and gives you flexibility at the same time. GIVE NOW.
3. Simplicity. You will receive one tax receipt from CACF instead of having to gather many receipts from multiple charities. You can make tax time much easier next year. GIVE NOW.
4. Additional Tax Savings. Appreciated assets other than cash will often yield the most tax benefits when used for your charitable deduction. You can easily donate appreciated securities or other assets to CACF for your fund to achieve additional tax savings. Contact CACF for transfer instructions to facilitate your gift, or we are happy to work with you and your financial advisor to determine what is best for your situation. GIVE NOW.
5. It’s Easy. As a fundholder, it is so easy to do your charitable giving through your existing donor advised fund. Donations by check should be made payable to the Central Alabama Community Foundation with your fund name noted in the memo section. GIVE NOW.
Contact our office at 334-264-6223 or email Whitney.Griswold@
CACF will be open until 5:00 p.m. on December 31 to assist you with any year-end donations.
CACF will be closed on January 1, 2019.